Sunday, July 3, 2011

Busy Couple of Weeks

So, it's been busy around here.

Summer has finally begun.  The restaurant re-opened in mid-June at which point I realized I just hate being there.  I hate being away from my kids at night and since Thane travels all week and I am busiest there on the weekends, I never see him.  After a particularly bad night (filled with yoga nightmares from the Wanderlust festival at Stratton) I made the decision to quit.  The next day I brought in my letter of resignation to a boss who looked both shocked and sad that I wasn't willing to work there anymore.  But, when Xanax no longer dulls the pain of a job you hate, it's time to go.  So, tonight is my last night and then I will hang up my apron after almost five years at Verde.  I have been asked to do some design work for Thane's company and have a couple of houses I clean so hopefully it will all work out.  It has to as my mental health was suffering.

Parrish has been climbing a lot.  He is fortunate that one of his good friends has a father who is one of those crazy six-continent kind of climbers and he takes the boys climbing in the area.  We have actually been getting along really well in part because I am loosening up and trying to let things go.  I only have four more years with this child in my home - I want to enjoy him while he is here.  Of course, I enjoy his sense of humor and how clever he is, apparently those traits come along with being a slob and argumentative.  So be it.

Belle has had a good summer with her friends.  Our good friends have a pool (the inground variety which is a real rarity up here) so we spend a lot of time over there because it FINALLY warmed up.  We go to Dartmouth Hospital this week back to the developmental pediatrician for yet another evaluation.  Her three year review for her IEP is in November and I want to make sure we have all our ducks in a row.  Belle and I are also learning to golf at the Stratton golf school.  I can't believe I am doing it, but it really is fun.  And the clothes are cute!

Brenda, Parrish's school was not a "traditional" school, but more traditional than Montessori.  That really was the best environment for him and he has fought tooth and nail about school since we moved.  When I fix the printer I will scan his speech for Jim.   I hope high school goes OK - I can't believe we are already heading there!

I am trying to figure out when I am going to drive down to Atlanta.  I have my sporty new Subaru Outback (the state car of Vermont - I swear every other car here is a Subaru) and have been enjoying driving it.  It is nice to not have to worry about car problems for awhile.  The Honda was supposed to go for 200K miles, and died about a year and a half ago with only 166K.  Living on a snowy mountain is really hard on vehicles.  I swear I never thought so much about tires as I do now!

I miss hearing the monkeys at the zoo while I sat on my front porch on North Evergreen!  I want to come back to Memphis for a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment