Just wanted to say hello since it's been so long. Carole, I was sorry to hear about your grandmother. Your kids were blessed to get so many years with a great grandparent. Carter only met one great grandmother and he was about 6 or 7 when she passed. I have a photo of them together on his dresser since I was worried about him remembering her and a friend suggested that tactic, but unfortunately, I really don't think he remembers her.
How is Keith's father doing?
We are headed to TX on Saturday for spring break. Going to Rockport on the Gulf for a few days, then San Antonio, then stopping one night in Houston to visit my brother and his family on the way home. We are camping all but two nights. Should be interesting. I know the kids are looking forward to an adventure.
Our neighbors accepted an offer on their house and if all goes as planned, they will be out by 3/25. It will be a sad day for the Pruett's. It is the family of Carter's friend Mason who has a brother Emerson's age. Emerson and Ben actually spend more time together than Carter and Mason so he is the one I'm worried about. Carter is still pretty laid back about everything so I'm not expecting a big scene from him or anything. Of course they've known about this since November when they put their house on the market but I know Emerson doesn't really understand it and won't until they are gone. They are only moving to Lakeland so it's not like they'll never see each other again, but it's nice to just run down to play after school. They will actually be living with Barry's parents until all the renovations are complete on their new house. They live just east of us in Somerville so in a way they will still be somewhat closer than Lakeland. Jim and I will be trolling for new friends for Emerson. I think Carter will be on his own. It's not like we can knock on someone's door and ask if they want to play with our 15 year old!! There is one new family close by that has a son Emerson's age . I"ll be knocking on their door this summer for sure. They also have a daughter Carter's age so who knows????
I'm going to be sending out an email after Spring Break with a summer calendar that we can use to see if there is any possible way we can get together this summer. I know Dana and Cari are up for it. I know you are working, Carole, and will totally understand if it doesn't work out for you but we certainly want to include you so I'll be sending it to you too. Same goes for you, Julie. I can't imagine the logsitics of trying to meet up with us for you but hey, being the positive thinker I am, why not?
I figure we can put on the Google calendar what days WON'T work and see if there are any days that will work for most or all of us. Depending on how many days that involves, we can decide where to go to meet.
Something to think about.
TA TA!!
Brenda
well have a fun spring break!!
ReplyDeleteI will be in little rock arkansas fri night through sunday at 1p.
THEN i am not sure what to do b/c the forecast
is for heavy rain and t'storms in the little rock area.
The ski places near st louis are closed this week. we have been to st louis before and in order to get there from little rock you need to return to memphis area to pick up the interstate!!
so maybe j