Carole, I am so sorry about the loss of your grandmother and about Keith's dad. When it rains it pours. I hate this part of life. I hope y'all are all holding up OK.
After having a few days in the 40's we are now back to frigid temps. Allow me a moment to brag
http://www.manchesterjournal.com/sports/ci_22751816/bba-snowboarding-team-wins-fifth-straight-title
Parrish was at Stowe for two days for the snowboarding state competition. Now the fight about going to school everyday begins. He won't get all those days off for snowboarding comps. Ugh. He thinks I should let him go on a cross country road trip to Mt. Hood with some friends. Hahahahahahhaha.
I told him if all the parents of kids who were going had a meeting. "Oh, well, I'd be going with two friends (18 year olds) who don't live at home anymore". "You don't accept who I am!". Meanwhile the good part is that almost every weekend I have at least half a dozen of his friends sleeping over here. I love it.
Belle just had her 12th birthday. She was so into it this year. My mom had balloons and two little stuffed horses sent to the school. She felt so special. We also made rice crispy treats with fruity pebbles (thank you pinterest) because "I don't want to do cupcakes like everyone else". Finally I have gotten some help and hope to get more comprehensive services for Belle (respite care, etc.). I have gotten a series of rejections when I try.
So, the ski season is winding down. I haven't really taken that much advantage of it and I am terribly out of shape. I would love to see you all but the trip to Memphis is a horrid roadtrip (this from a girl that thinks nothing of driving to Atlanta). And honestly, my son might scare y'all. Actually, maybe not. He is exactly the same as he was at two. Just bigger and with more of a potty mouth.
Oh, I almost forgot! Brenda, I took my blog offline. I just felt to vulnerable. Maybe one day I won't care who reads my private thoughts but for now I do.
happy birthday to Belle!!
ReplyDeletegood work julie, keep after it...everyone else fights for what they need.
I was talking with a nurse that told me one of her pts has a special needs child.
it seems new jersey and colorado have lots for programs...just sayin
c