Wednesday, August 3, 2011

...where did he go??

There are times that a medicated child NEEDS to stay on meds even if he looks like a refugee!!!

Kevin has a friend...I am just leaving it at that because neither Keith nor I understand what he sees in this child!!

Anyway through the school yrs they have had classes together.
one yr, the one that tipped the parent off that he MIGHT need meds is the yr that mid way she moved her son. I am almost sure the Jewish teacher said novenas for this to happen.
I am rambling here, ANYWAY, I agreed to have this child over.

a mom of a wonderful child asked me to watch her son the same day, I said yes.
Woe, woe. said unmedicated child about drove me crazy and set my mellow child on a
collision course with his mom and his nice friend.

Flight of ideas is just that. Think Cat in the hat on speed.
He goes from room to room touching, moving things, thoughts go from one idea to the next...no connection. One pestering behavior to another.
Anything i ask not to do is done as soon as I walk out of the room...i usually turn around to see him do it.

I have yet to talk to Kevin about this ...trying to find a nice way to do it.
I think Kevin knows the child has a problem...cannot control himself, but is unwilling to admit it b/c he likes the child.
there is a proverb in the bible essentially saying choose a fool for a friend and you become one.
(lie down with dogs and get fleas).
I am not sure this applies b/c he is not on his meds!!!

uggg, the last of it is that i like his parents!!


thanks for the sounding board.
c

No comments:

Post a Comment