Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Still in Summer Mode

Belle doesn't start school until September 7th.  Parrish starts HIGH SCHOOL the week before (half days Thursday and Friday - and half days every Friday...all year).  Right now I am enjoying summer and the laziness that is going along with it.   I spend very little time with Parrish other than driving him places so unlike you Carole, I am looking forward to my child driving and getting a car although I may never see him again.  We have been trying for quite a while to get him behind the wheel (in an empty parking lot, etc.) because it is just important for kids in the middle of nowhere to know how to drive.  He won't do it.  I do often wish he was still on Mud Island at the Montessori school - I have missed that place so desperately through the years.

The apendix (or lack of) is all better.  I am glad it is gone - who knew?  I went into the hospital Sunday morning with this off and on pain in my side that felt like someone was stabbing me from the inside which had started Saturday evening.  Friday night I had gone out with a friend and felt fine.  Saturday I went to run errands and just felt sick and achy, like I was getting the flu.  I really thought the pain was an ovarian cyst.  Glad the doctor didn't listen to my expert medical opinion.  I was in surgery that afternoon. 

So, I am purging crap in my house.  I have almost doubled the space I had in Memphis and it is feeling crowded.  It doesn't help that the men I live with are hoarders.  Seriously, if something happens to me expect to see them on that show.  I took BAGS of stuff to the transfer station (dump, but really tidy) "free room" (which we call the Winhall Mall) and Thane was quite concerned that I had brought some of his things.  No, but I am sure I brought some things he would have saved...

I just read "The Red Thread".  Y'all would love it, it's a really sweet book about Chinese adoption.  I am getting my baby fill by helping out some friends with their little ones.  Today I watched a 16 month old named Kai.  What a cutie.  Word is getting around that I work for free and I fear that I may soon be overwhelmed!  But I am enjoying it and so is Belle.

No comments:

Post a Comment