Made it home from Key Largo. I flew home Wednesday night. I think Jim and the boys will be home sometime today based on where they stayed last night. We had a good time. It didn't start out so great......got caught in a traffic jam in Birmingham, AL, lost about 2 hours. Got to the campground late. Finally got settled into bed and Emerson complained his stomach hurt. I had him switch with Jim so he was sleeping with me. He continued to complain and I realized he was going to be sick about a 1/2 second before he let it go. How can a little boy project so much puke?? Luckily, the campground had great laundry room facilities that were open 24 hours. Jim was was washing sleeping bags at midnight. Emerson was fine after that. We think he ate too much junk on the way down. I had a bunch of snacks in the car and we weren't really paying attention to what he was eating. Live and learn. We saw a lot of neat stuff. Emerson didn't go snorkeling. It was very windy and the water was pretty choppy. I went with Carter and Jim stayed on the boat. An older couple from Nashville was on and the wife decided she didn't want to go either so the divemaster volunteered to keep Emerson while Jim buddied with the husband. There was another couple on the boat from Memphis (Mud Island) and the captain was from a small town near Nashville. Really really weird. The boat captain was asking us about Jackson and I said we really hadn't spent much time there just passed through and he had a confused look on his face. Apparently Emerson told him we lived in Jackson. Not sure what that was all about!! Saw our old house in Ft. Lauderdale, ate at our favorite diner. I missed the big beach outing last Wed night in Ormond Beach, FL but Jim said he had to drag Emerson out of the water at dusk. So glad they had a good time. We enjoyed the water in Key Largo too. Found out Carter thinks of a vacation as more of just doing nothing, sleeping, in etc. It is a lot of work taking the camper down every morning and putting it up at night. That was his job with Jim. It was good for him though. Silly as it sounds, some of the best fun we had was squirt gun fights. I think we will have to continue those here at home. Yes, I still want to move back and hope to some day when I'm old and gray (well, I'm aleady gray, but not old, right)?
I am afraid reading Julie and Carole's posts makes me think it is a preview of what is to come in about 8-10 years with Emerson. Thanks for the heads up.
Julie, I'm interested to find out what your duties were at the wedding. Apparently people up there are more laid back then we are down here, agree? That is a great way to be. I do remember the birthday parties. Mine didn't compare, but I am a Yankee after all. It is fun making cakes and planning parties. Glad you realize that is something you enjoy doing. I've always wondered if that was part of your thoughts during your "competitive mothering" blog sometime back. BTW, that is now one of Jim's favorite terms. I wish we had people over more often. I'm such a control freak though, I would wear myself out getting the house ready, etc. I need some of that laid back attitude in Vermont. It seems like everyone gets so busy in their own lives, it's hard to take the time to "just hang out". Of course working full time really cuts into my time. It puts quite a damper on everything, actually. Hoping to reprioritize soon.
Off to work now. Just got a ride. I have the spare on my car and now it is flat. Geez!!
Brenda
No comments:
Post a Comment