Saturday, February 9, 2013

So Sorry

Carole,

I am so sorry about Keith's Dad.  How hard it must be for everyone.  I know Julie and I talked about being in the "losing a parent" club and it isn't very fun although it seems we have reached a time in our lives where a lot of my friends are also joining.  I do not think there is a day that goes by that I don't think of my Dad.  Luckily it doesn't usually bring tears to me eyes anymore.  It usually makes me smile when I see, hear, or happen to think of something that reminds me of him.  Jim seems to quote him quite often.   I don't think he always saw eye to eye with my Dad but it's nice to know he respected his opinion and remembered his words.  I'm glad you enjoyed your father-in-law's humor and advice.  As you know, we are here for you.  Please let us know what we can do to help if Keith needs to go back again.

I don't know how you keep everything straight, Carole.  It is pure insanity, isn't it?  I was talking to another woman who lives out here about buying a home in Cordova and she said there is a group of families in Fayette County who were considering it. She is going to speak to them and see if they are actually serious.  We were thinking if the seven of us went in together, we could get one of those cheap condos just north of the school and use it when needed.  I then thought it would probably be better to just rent something somewhere so we wouldn't have to worry about maintenance or taxes.  She joked that her husband said he would have never thought his second home would have been in Cordova, TN.  I thought I had a solution in going to the library after picking Emerson up and then going to get Carter at 5:30 after play practice but that isn't working out.  We haven't been successful in getting a study room (there are only 2) the last few times we've been and last time we were there, he threw a fit and actually started yelling at me (he didn't want to do his homework).  I packed everything up and left.  He continued with his fit in the car and lost all video games, computer, and time with friends until he completed ALL of his homework.  Some wasn't due until Monday but he even had to finish that.  Amazingly, he had it all finished Thursday evening (the fit was Wed).  He now has to complete all of his homework fit free for at least a month before I will even considering buying him any taekwondo equipment (he is begging for a board to break).  He just wears me out sometimes.

Off to bed.  Hope everyone has a good week.

Brenda


No comments:

Post a Comment