I'm so happy the kids are off school on Monday. Pretty bad that they have been back less than 20 days and I need a break! We've been running late everyday. Guess I'm just having trouble getting back in the swing of things. Kids haven't been late to school, but we've been lucky with traffic or they probably would be.
Emerson is having trouble getting back in the swing of things too. He has had two really bad days at school so far and one kind of bad. Hoping each week gets better. One day a kid told on him for saying the "F" word. When I asked him where in the world he heard it from he said, "Remember, Parker told it to me last year in kindergarten". Oh yes, I then remembered that wonderful day. I wish I had asked him that in front of his teacher. No telling what kind of language she thinks he hears at home. (By the way, the kid that told on him was Parker's twin.....some kind of scam you think????) Just kidding.
A few days later, the teacher overheard him say he was going to come to school and kill himself and everyone else. Needless to say, it hit the fan!! When we asked him why he said it, he said "Because Evan did". His teacher told him she realized he had heard it from someone else but reminded him he had to make better choices in what he repeats and what kind of behavior he chooses. He was supposed to go see the principal which would have resulted in a "time out from school" (like a day suspension for younger kids) and a note in his permanent file. He ended up just seeing the counselor so I guess they decided it wasn't as bad as first thought. I do need to talk to Evan's mom though. We are friends and our two boys have gotten in trouble together before (my mention above of the "one kind of bad day"). I need to let her know Emerson implicated Evan. She may have already heard the wonderful news though. He really has no concept of what he said. We don't watch the news and only told him about CT because we figured kids at school would be talking about it. It isn't something we dwelled on. I think he and the counselor got it all worked out though. These two incidents both happened while waiting in carpool line when I was picking him up so now I park at the church, walk over and am there before he walks out the door. So far so good. I told him if I'm not there, not to talk to ANYONE before I get there. It's like he has radar and as soon as he hears something he knows it isn't appropriate and has to repeat it.
Carter didn't get a speaking part in the spring musical, but is part of the chorus. It is an Elvis musical. He has to sing and dance as a prisoner. I'm guessing one number will be Jail House Rock. He seems to like it. He gets to swing girls around so it's got to be fun, right? This is the time of year I wish we lived in Cordova. Emerson and I hang out after school to pick Carter up at 5:30. Jim does it two nights though so it's not that bad. We've been going to the library and signing up for a study room so Emerson can do his homework and no one has to hear all the whining and crying :) (that would be him, not me, really).
Hope everyone has a good week.
Brenda
No comments:
Post a Comment