Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Happy New Year!!!

Hope everyone got through the new year without incident.  Me, I ended up in the emergency room at about 6 pm needing stitches.  My dogs got into it and I did exactly what you aren't supposed to do - reached right in there trying to break it up.  I'm fine, I took the stitches out today (don't worry Carole, on Sunday I was working with a retired pediatrician and she told me it wasn't infected and looked fine, by the way the exact same thing happened to her daughter with her Aussie and she is a VET - now I feel less stupid).   I was in bed by 10.  I've never been much into New Year's Eve.  I worked on NYE for so many years, one year I babysat a supermodel's kid (I would totally tell you her name but for the life of me I can remember it).

We had a good, quiet Christmas.  Our friends the Gianotti's come over and we do a little Julegambling (a term derived when our exchange student from Denmark was here) playing Left, Right, Center with each person starting with five one dollar bills.  Place cards are lottery tickets but no big winners this year.  Every year the Jensens (our Danish family) send us Danish Advent scratch off tickets which is when we started Julegambling.  I sure hope we win one year so we can go over there!

Congrats to Carter!  I know that Eagle projects are a huge undertaking.  Parrish is working as a scanner at Stratton.   He hates it.  I am glad he is working and think it is so important as I have friends/family in both higher education and HR who deal with people both coming into college and out who have never had a "real" job.

All else is going along.  Belle and I skied together with Batman on Sunday.  It was beautiful and minus a few boot problems with Belle (skiing is such a labor-intense sport BEFORE getting to the mountain) we had a great time.  Parrish even came to eat with us after the lifts closed at which point a woman in her late 20's (who I only know by sight/mutual friends) came over to talk to P (apparently they know each other).  She looked at me, said "Hi!" and I said - "Hi! this is my baby."  She was a wee bit taken aback.   He would never lie about his age, but I imagine they rode together one day and he never offered up the information.

Carole, I have no wisdom to offer in the car accident department.  I am pretty doomed.

Miss you guys!  Cari you total suck for not writing on here.  I should start writing as you and making up outrageous crap.  Maybe I will.   Or maybe you will start writing and save me the trouble.  xoxo

1 comment:

  1. i would likely have tried to break them up also.
    can we say COUGAR.....
    surely parrish does not look 20 ish

    ReplyDelete