Hope everyone is in the holiday spirit! We finally got some snow this week - then rain (yuck!). My friend Erin was here last week and it was really a nice visit. She relaxed, I had my friend come over and give her a massage in front of the fireplace and we generally vegged out.
I have to wrap up a couple of things for Christmas - almost done. The kids are done but right now I am contemplating returning the extremely expensive hiking tent we got for Parrish (yes, apparently 1 pound less of weight adds about $200 to the cost of a tent) and get something nice for myself. A new pair a Frye boots - yes please. We all know I won't do it - martyr that I am. Contemplating this being the last year of the elf and having him leave a note with a stuffed elf saying that he is going to another house until Belle has children. I am so damn sick of that thing and all the focus Belle puts on it. We went on the "Elf Express" this weekend - a train that runs from a local town for about an hour ride. It was really sweet. The cars were dining cars so we all had tables. The local high school had their dance team dress up like elves and they put on a whole performance ending with the arrival of Santa along with cookies and hot chocolate. I don't think anyone enjoyed it more than Belle. She was smiling so big.
Loved getting a note from Dana and pictures from y'all. Merry Christmas!
j
No comments:
Post a Comment