Long story short.....Carter organized a large group of scouts and dads (and two moms....me being one) to go to 5 Christmas Tree lots after Christmas and pick up the the unsold trees (those of you familiar with the Big Jim lots......Carter met "Big Jim" and worked out a "deal" with him. Come to find out, he is actually a pilot with Air Trans). Anyway the group collected 277 trees and transported them to Herb Parsons lake where they are going to be put into the lake and used as fish habitats since the water level in the lake is so low.
It was nice seeing Carter learning how business works and becoming organized and working out all the kinks. He was a lot calmer than I was through the whole thing. It was eye opening to realize how innocent minds work. I could think of several things that could have gone wrong through the whole process (and kept them mostly to myself) but he remained confident and it did all work out.
Now he has to finish up all the report, get letters of recommendation, etc and submit everything to the big Eagle Scout committee in the sky and wait to see if they award him the designation.
Cari and I were saying how we always thought Eagle Scout was achieved by dropping the scout off in the woods and if he made it out, he got to be an Eagle Scout (or some similar feat). I'm guessing we either had the wrong idea or they've changed it with the times. Based on the projects I'm familiar with, it seems to me business is the focus as well as conservation or charity of some type.
Brenda
No comments:
Post a Comment