I would love to see the 9/28 show of Zydeco, Lil Malcolm and the Houserockers. Anyone up for that? Looks like no football game for SBA that night so Carter won't have to play in the pep band. Three others I can't make and Latin (9/21) doesn't interest me, although, if that is the only one you guys can attend, I'll do it. :)
Isn't it weird how busy we've become because of our kids? Carter found out his Man #1 part in the play has just one line. Wow, all these practices for one line.....oh well, I figure it is paying his dues for the next play. He is really excited about being part of the production so that is a good thing. Thank goodness kids can hang out in the library after school, otherwise, I don't know what I would do on some of these weird timed days.
Ran into my old boss's wife at the fair tonight. Weird, but she is very nice. Jim is actually the one who saw her. That man NEVER forgets a face. I doubt I would have known who she was. We ran into a woman at meet the teacher night at Emerson's school and they figured out they taught math at the same time at Cordova High that one year he taught when Carter was in kindergarten. Good Grief!! She has a daughter in third grade at SFA and now teaches at St. Agnes.
Julie, how did the back to school week work? I enjoyed reading your quotes. I think my favorite was:THERE ARE NO STUPID QUESTIONS, THERE ARE ONLY STUPID ASKERS OF QUESTIONS
Jim and I always comment on how when you are in a seminar (continuing ed or whatever), there is always one person that appears to just want to hear themselves talk and must ask questions or provide comments to just clarify what the speaker has already explained or obviously wasn't listening and asks a question that was specifically answered during the presentation. Enough already!! No one even wants to be in these classes to begin with....why prolong the agony!!
I got to quote my Dad today when we were driving down the road and a car was coming towards us taking up more room than they should "Guess that driver thinks he'll just take his 1/2 out of the middle". Oh the woes of country roads with no middle line. I feel sorry for Carter learning to drive on them. BTW, development has come to Oakland Julie, but unfortunately, the schools still suck. If we had good schools it would be pretty easy living here.
I was telling Cari that our friends, the Millers, down the road (Carter's best friend, Mason) bought a house in Lakeland because she can't take the driving to Briarcrest anymore with three kids and two of them having after school activities and I'm sure the first grader will follow suit soon. Their house will be going up for sale soon. Carter has taken it in stride (it's not like they're moving out of state, Mom, and besides, I haven't seen much of Mason lately anyway). I imagine Emerson will take it harder when he understands the significance. Right now he just thinks it would be cool if we bought their house (way out of our price range).
Emerson has been having some behavior problems in first grade. He apparently has decided that he is very funny and needs to be the class clown. Unfortunately his teacher (and I) don't agree. She is very nice though and patient (thank goodness). Hoping to get this nipped in the bud. We have moved from the Gem Jar (thanks Julie) to the ticket system. He gets tickets for good behavior (and loses them for bad). Each ticket is worth a 1/2 hour of electronics so if he wants to play, he has to be good. He did finally earn his account on Minecraft so the sky's the limit (actually, he is limited to two hours of electronics a day and rarely gets the chance to use both of them).
Oh well, got to go make the lunches so I don't run late in the morning. Another week begins.
Brenda
No comments:
Post a Comment