Sunday, July 8, 2012

Hey Y'all

Wow!  It has been forever since I have blogged.  Thanks for keeping it going, Carole.  Life is good.  I LOVE not working.  I now regret saying I would check back with them in the fall but then again, the kids will be in school so I would probably run out of stuff to do anyway.  June was crazy with traveling and having company.  July looks to be pretty laid back so I'm planning on doing a lot of swimming with the kids and fun stuff.  Everyone is welcome to come out anytime.  Emerson starts swim lessons tomorrow.  He can swim underwater, but knows no strokes so that is the plan this year.  He is pretty competitive and loves water so we're thinking we will try a swim club for him next year.  Once he can swim 25 yards with the designated strokes he can join summer swim club at the YMCA.

Congrats to Corinne on the volleyball.  That is great.  Jim made Carter do cross country conditioning but after a week and a 1/2 he let him quit.  He really hated it but felt obligated to keep going.  I didn't realize he was so worried about it.  He is a lot happier now.  Hard to believe he will be 15 tomorrow.  The birthday season is upon us!

Got Carter's classes via email last week.  Checked out the book prices since we now have to buy books.  $667!!   and that is USED books where available.  He has a biology book that costs over $200!!  I am getting the ISBN numbers tomorrow and checking Amazon and Ebay.  The woman down the street will sell me her daughter's books from last year (another reason for the ISBN numbers to make sure they haven't changed).  She didn't take honors classes though so it will be limited what she has.

Keep in Touch!!

Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment