Hey Ladies!!
Thanks for the updates (minus Cari, of course). She is still reading though. I did actually spend the afternoon with Cari last week. It was good catching up. The boys will get together one day this week as well. We had planned on seeing a lot of each other this summer but last week was the first. Once we got our calendars together we realized June was out of the question!! School will be upon us shortly so July seems to be it for this year! My boys don't start back until 8/16 which seems kind of late but I'm not going to argue about it.
Emerson did well in his first week of swim lessons. There are only four boys and the other three are almost always late, so he gets individual attention for about 5 minutes or so each day. Why you would spend $80 on lessons and show up late is beyond me. I heard one mother say it is just hard to get up (the lessons are at 9:45)!! The lessons continue this week as well and I have Carter signed up for a jazz/rock band camp at St. Benedict. We will be spending the mornings in Cordova then go home after dropping Carter off just to go back three hours later. Oh well, the life of living in the boonies!!
I had forgotten Carole was headed for Charleston and texted her to meet us at the drive in on Friday night. She was already headed out of town. We didn't end up going, but did go on Saturday night to see Ice Age. It was actually chilly. Hard to believe after over 100 degree weather previously. I would like the heat wave again myself. Let us know how it went, Carole.
Julie, sorry to hear motherhood is being so hard on you lately. Hope it all works out with Parrish. Where are you considering boarding school? I'm assuming Thane changed jobs or at least territories. Wasn't he in the Atlanta area previously? I had it in my mind you were considering moving back there but that may just be my old mind showing its age. It is refreshing to take vacations away from hometowns. I do not think we will be going to Virginia to visit Jim's family this year. I invited them down here instead and his Mom, Sister, and her two boys came. We had a blast. His sister hadn't been here for 11 years. His Mom came with her husband fall 2009. I just got tired of going there at least once if not twice a year for the last 27 years. Besides, the vacation budget is just about at zero! I am sorry to hear about Todd. Obviously your trips to Atlanta were not vacations. I know what you mean about the death thing. I think it comes with our age (although you are a lot younger than I am). I have just one uncle left plus my Mom to represent my parent's generation and obviously no grandparents, great aunts, uncles etc. Then when you throw in someone as young as Todd it just makes it worse. I think we just have to look at our kids to help us out. I told my boys to live close to each other and have as many kids as they could (perhaps the Catholic school exposure will help on that front) :) I only have two cousins and we are not close. I hope that is not the case for their children. They have quite a few cousins but they are spread out between Texas and Virginia so they aren't close either. Jim's sister's kids are the closest in age and we do see them the most so hopefully they will keep in touch as they get older. Jim and I were discussing how families used to stay in close proximity to each other years ago but that is no longer the case. We blame college. You meet people from different areas and obviously receive opportunities to move other places to be successful so that is what you do. So we're back to spending vacations visiting family instead of finally making it to see the Giant Redwoods in CA. (Oh well, maybe next year).
Keep on Keepin' On!!
Brenda
No comments:
Post a Comment