Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Nice to Hear from Ya'll

Julie,

Don't worry about the Christmas cards. I was just kidding. I do think it's becoming a lost tradition though. I generally use a photo we have happened to have taken during the year, but if it gets to November and we don't have one, I do get kind of panicky. The one we took had to wait for Thanksgiving since the playground was by my Mom's house. We had taken a photo there years ago before Emerson was born. It was me, Jim and Carter and the fourth seat was empty. I have always wanted to go back and take one with Emerson filling in the last spot. Finally got the chance. It is the last photo in his "Emerson's Story" book that I made for him showing how he completed our family. He LOVED it.

Glad to hear Parrish is reading. I didn't realize he didn't dive into it beforehand like you do. Carter has actually stopped since he seems to be so busy with everything else. I think I'll make him go to the library again though. He would prefer computer games, I'm sure but once he gets back into it, he'll like it. Thanks for the inspiration!

Carole, Congrats on the new job. Guess our lunches will be a thing of the past. Hope things are going smoothly for you. Do you already know people there?

Work is going well and I'm getting in the swing of running the kids around after school. Carter got a part in the spring musical, Aladdin. He is Jafar, the villian. He was surprised he got it since he's not much of a singer. I've set up 4 voice lessons for him starting next Monday to help boost his confidence. He used to sing well so I'm sure he'll pick it up again. The teacher sounds like a piece of work so I'm interested in meeting her. Definitely a confident woman who doesn't mind telling you how great she is! She has made it quite clear she doesn't put up with tardiness so let's hope for no big traffic jams after school on Mondays! The play is the last weekend of March if anyone wants to come.

So, Carole, are you leaning towards White Station? Those AP stats sound great! Didn't realize you went to the St. Mary's open house. I know you had talked about it though. I think Maria's daughter, Lizzy will be going to St. Agnes. She said SBA was her second choice. Guess we find out all of that stuff come March. Got the letter about registration today for next year for Emerson. He's had a great few last days. Returning after Christmas was not good. I think his teacher was very frustrated with him. She is all smiles lately, thank goodness. I think we'll be doing the parent/teacher conference next month for him :)

Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment