Sunday, September 4, 2011

And It's Supposed to Rain More...

So, I have considered boycotting this blog until Cari stops being a voyeur and actually posts something...

Come on girl, the others may talk to you, but I don't.  I'd love to know how your life is.  Brenda, is it true no one else can see this blog (please..).  So it's just like a Monday playgroup.  Don't be scared...

Anyhoo...you may have heard about the flooding in Vermont from hurricane Irene.  It is really bad.  Like roads just collapsed all around us.  We have a friend who lost their house into the river, another who lost their road out twice (and will again if it rains as predicted).  It's pretty gruesome but in true Vermont fashion, everyone pulls together and plugs along.  I think it has been OK because people up here are used to inconvenience.  It isn't in any way an "instant" culture up here.  There is no pizza delivery, no all night grocery store or pharmacy, no Target or Walmart in a close vicinity.  So, we are all used to driving and waiting.  Also, we have lots of practice in this from severe winter storms. 

I think I can be so peaceful about it because we only lost power for about two hours total.  And that was well after the storm when they were working on power lines in our area.  The first damage was done on Sunday, then we had flash flooding again on Thursday washing out roads that had just been repaired.  But Parrish made it to school (half days Wed-Fri) and seems to like high school OK.  Belle has a back to school picnic on Tuesday and her first day is on Wednesday.  She is quite apprehensive, but I think she'll have a good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment