Friday, April 19, 2013

I'm Still Here

Hey All,

I should be cleaning my bathrooms but I really don't want to so decided it's been so long since I posted, this is priority :)

The school play was a couple of weeks ago.  It was really entertaining.  I ended up seeing it three times.      Not worth it to drive back home after dropping Carter off.  Carter did really well.  He didn't look like he was really have fun the first night but seemed to loosen up after that.  His youth minister went opening night.  He seemed to honestly enjoy it.  He was telling us how surprised he was that Carter did musicals (or plays in general).  Certainly not something you would think he would like.  I told him he must keep really busy going to all the kids' events and he emailed back that it was the best part of his "job".  He is a pretty cool guy.  Glad Carter is getting involved with youth group.  We found out that Carter was in the Commercial Appeal because of the play.  His orthodontist office is the one who told us so I searched the website and found the picture.  Here's the link if you want to take a look.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/photos/2013/mar/20/392535/

Speaking of orthodontists, Carter gets his braces off Monday.  Pretty much a year and half exactly.  I know he will be excited.

We are moving into the end of the school years activities as well.  Emerson's class goes to the Pink Palace on Friday.  I said I would drive ONLY if they absolutely needed me.  Apparently enough parents signed up so I don't have to go!!!!  Aren't I awful?  I did the zoo and it really wasn't a lot of fun.  Being inside would be worse I think.  Emerson acted so bad at the zoo.  I know he will be better behaved for someone else's mom.  He has been doing a lot better at school.  He is more disciplined and is paying attention better.  He actually got some work back complimenting his handwriting.  Hopefully this trend will continue in second grade.  Cari thinks I'm in trouble since he is already telling us how much he hates school.

Jim bought Emerson a four wheeler and he loves riding it outside.  Of course I think he goes too fast and have trouble watching him but I've always been a bit on the protective side.

We finally heard back from Jim's niece and now know we will be going to VA in August.  I was waiting on that before sending out the Google calendar to see if we can find a date for all (or most) of us to get together.  That will be my priority this weekend.  I drove by Kathryn's house the other day and realized I need to invite her too.  I'll mail something to her since I don't think she monitors the email address I have for her once we have a date.  I hope this works out.  It will be fun!

Toilets are calling!!

Brenda







No comments:

Post a Comment