As i write this I am trying to decide what about the end of a life is most important.
My mother's mother is 89. My mom is 74. ( they lived in the country and she married her older sister's brother in law at a young age).
My grandfather( her husband) was her only love and he has been dead 31 yrs.
She has been sad ever since.
She lost a daughter to cancer 14 yrs ago...and she continued to grieve even more.
She developed diabetes (with kidney complications), macular degeneration ( blind from it) and now has suffered a debilitating stroke. She cannot get up, feed herself and cannot hear much or even see.
Where was the life she knew and what is most important to her now??
My mother and her brother must make decisions about feeding her with a tube;another tube for the bladder and still another for the multiple antibiotics for the persistent kidney infection.
So again, what is most important to her now?
I wish I had asked when she could still see me and hear me.
c
No comments:
Post a Comment