I am working, we absolutely can't afford for me not to. It is such an interesting (to say the least) situation that I could write an entire book. I am basically a house cleaner/personal assistant/etc. for a reclusive multi-millionaire genius inventor who lives in a hunting shack on forty acres with more ammunition, guns and provisions than you could imagine. Guess where we're going if the shit ever hits the fan? I have done several commercial landscape designs for one of the US Lawns branches in Connecticut this past month, hopefully more will follow. I will also work at the mountain this winter I think - my eighth season. Can you believe it?
I've had a pensive night. I read this quote from Christopher Hitchens which I love and aspire to:
| My own opinion is enough for me, and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, anyplace, anytime. And anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass. |
Not.even.close.to.this
But, it made me remember the list of quotes that aunt found on my Uncle Tony's computer after he died three years ago & how awesome it was to have. There are thirteen pages of them, I reread them tonight - These are some of my favorites, actually most of them are my favorites, but I can't cut and paste forever and really...how much do y'all all want to read? He was a helicopter fighter pilot in Vietnam, so many of them are related to that. But they are intermingled so much with my dad. So many of them are his favorites...some are attributed to him. They were both wonderful, loving, great men apart but together they were SPECTACULAR. I miss them.
GOD IS MY CO-PILOT. HOWEVER, I'VE FOUND FROM PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE THAT MY CO-PILOT LEAVES A WHOLE HELL OF A LOT OF IT UP TO ME sign in a ready room at whiting field
I WILL FIGHT NO MORE FOREVER chief joseph
THERE ARE ONLY STUPID ASKERS OF QUESTIONS t rothschild
KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN AND YOUR TURNS UP wish for a combat helicopter pilot
…I SHALL BE TELLING THIS WITH A SIGH
SOMEWHERE AGES AND AGES HENCE:
TWO ROADS DIVERGED IN A WOOD, AND I-
I TOOK THE ONE LESS TRAVELLED BY,
AND THAT HAS MADE ALL THE DIFFERENCE. r frost 1916
recently found underlined in a text book from 1960
KNOW WHEN TO FOLD 'EM
KNOW WHEN TO WALK AWAY
KNOW WHEN TO RUN… k. rogers
PEOPLE WHO SAY "THAT BEING SAID" ARE USUALLY ASSHOLES FULL OF SELF-SERVING SHIT
rothschild
j, s, & t rothschild while waiting in atlanta for a valuejet to memphis
(on the way to my wedding....)
So, I started my own quote list on my computer...I think you should too, not to be bossy. I love quotes. I wish my dad had, but he said them so often, I feel like they are a part of me. Those and his favorite songs.
Sending lots of love to you all...
No comments:
Post a Comment